October 29th, 2007
If you missed it, the video is online here: Client-side Website Optimization with YSlow.
If you want a copy of the slides, they are here. There are also more details in the slide notes in some cases. The presentation covers:
- What YSlow is, how you use it, and what it does for you
- How browser caching works - the Expires header, Etags, and Conditional GETs
- Simple compression techniques for minimizing bandwidth usage
- Strategies for optimizing HTTP requests
- Techniques for modifying web page structure to improve performance